Saturday, April 17, 2010

'It's no fun to be yellow'

Most people think of yellow as a happy colour. It's the colour of the sun, and baby chickens. It's the colour of daffodils and dandelions, and the centre of daisies. Colour psychology says that yellow instills optimism, it's energetic, it's promising.

Personally, I've never been too fond of the colour yellow. It reminds me of stained teeth and bananas, neither of which are particularly pleasant to have. So why name my blog after this particular hue?

It's also the slang for coward.

My life is full of cowardly acts, and constant regrets. In my eighteen years, I've done nothing I can say I am truly proud of. I rarely step outside my comfort zone, which consists mostly of my parents' houses, and the company of my family and a select few friends, and there's a lot I've never done.

But...

as Holden Caulfield said 'It's no fun to be yellow' and so I'm trying to change my ways. I can't promise it will happen, and in all honesty I doubt that it will, but I'm going to try. And, along with moments from my past and hopes for my future, I'm going to record my journey here.

Until next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment